So to finish up the rest of my Canada post I will just have to do a narrative and get pictures some other time, because I never took any! I will have to steal some from some of my sister-in-laws. So here is a recap:
Sunday: Chas got in about 3 in the morning, I was sooo glad to have him there, I missed him so much. We all got ready for church and were even on time, which is a feat considering there were 30 of us to shower and get ready for 9:00 church, and yes we were all staying at the same house! I love going to church up there, I love seeing all of the old faces that I recognize from growing up there, I love all the nice comments and being able to chat and catch up on everyone's lives up there. To see people who were your primary teachers and people who's kids you grew up with is definitely a special feeling. That night ALL of my extended family who lives up there came to mom and dads, which was like 50 of us. SOO FUN!! We had a potluck dessert and since it was my big 30!!! aHHHHH birthday they all decided to sing to me, it was a great birthday for me.
Monday: We spent the day working on the afore mentioned projects and just trying to keep everyone happy and out of trouble or harms way, for the kids.
Tuesday: All the guys, and Marissa, went fishing up the Kuzkwa. They had a blast and Chas even caught a 16 pound salmon, yeah crazy!!! They came home wet, hungry, and full of stories, they loved every minute of it.
Wednesday: We finished up the projects we had started and played the awesome softball game, mentioned in last post. That was fun!! I think all of my brothers and sisters have played on Uncle Mel's team when we lived in V'hoof so it was fun to play with all of them again.
Thursday: Went and played basketball, not to much going on.
Friday: We got ready to go out to the Nation Lakes logging camp. My Uncle owns a logging camp about an hour from home so we packed up all of our stuff and went "camping" for the weekend. We got a flat tire on the way out so had to buy a new one, holy EXPENSIVE $300 tire!! But when we finally got out there, it was greatThey were some new cabins, a cookhouse and it was right on the lake. We spent many hours fishing and hanging out. Aaron and Marissa had some really fun games planned that we all had fun with. That night the adults played games while the kids watched a movie. Thanks Ezra and Ammon for the entertainment, I don't think I have laughed so hard in all my life!!! Everyone cried from hysteria that night!!! SO FUN!
Saturday: We got home and basically tried to gather up everything to get ready to leave the next morning.
Sunday: We were so sad to leave, but a little excited to sleep in our own beds and be in our own house, it had been 3 weeks! The kids did so good for such a long drive and we ended up getting in late that night, whew!! What a trip!
Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us all and letting us crash your place. Thanks Tyanna and Mom for planning all the activities and making sure fun was had by all. In the end its all about the times we spend together and the memories that we make that will last a lifetime. We will definitely never forget this past couple of weeks!!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!
First day of School!
My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!
Funny Story 1
Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day.
Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized."
Me: "Why not?"
Brook: "It's too scary."
And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem?
Me: "Whats scary about it?"
Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized."
I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?"
Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar.
So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!
What a handsome boy!
Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~
Something"s funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment