Friday, July 30, 2010

Cord & Mandy's cabin

Meet Moose my mount for the day. Beckett did not want to get off!

Neither did Brooklyn....
So we just stuck him on another one.

Beckett loves the water. As long as he can throw rocks he is happy! you can see a little bit of Emree pulling back from me cause I was trying to get her to go in, I don't think she even touched the water the whole afternoon.






My brother in law's family have this awesome little cabin down in New Mexico, about 2 hours from where they live. They pasture cows up there and so they stay in this cool cabin. It is a real cabin, no electricity, no phones, notta nothing. It's awesome!! So we went up there Tuesday afternoon and stayed till Wednesday night. The kids had fun swimming in the creek, roasting hot dogs, and sleeping in the tents. On Wednesday Chas kept the kids while Trina and I went with Cord for the day. He had to move some cows, look for some others and doctor a sick bull. I was so excited, a whole day on horse, with no one to take care of. Ahhhhh the peacefulness and solitude. Well we were gone all day thats for sure about six hours into our ride Trina and I were beginning to feel quite sore. We stopped and talked to some other guys who were up there checking their cows and Trina and I overheard this, " Cord you guys are still like 5 hours from the cabin, you better get moving." Trina and I looked at each other and because of course we couldn't cry we laughed! Are you kidding, 5 more hours, we already could hardly walk. Oh my!!! When we asked Cord how long it really was, he said," Well depends on how hard you want to ride."
I have never trotted for so long, on a horse, on purpose before, nor will I do it again! (unless I go with Cord) I thought I was going to die, needless to say I slept well that night! and it ended up being like 4 1/2 hours from the cabin. I would totally do it again though anytime, it was awesome! The country is beautiful, we saw elk, deer, coyote and even a water snake. We ended up riding for 10 hours that day, and Cord even said he was a little sore, so I didn't feel so bad after that. What a great day! Thanks Cord, for letting me tag along, I loved every second of it! The only thing to make it better would be to bring Chas along with me.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Sounds fun....and painful! Did you recover alright? I bet the next day was a little rough....how much fun though that you got to do that!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!