Monday, July 16, 2012

Moved

Well most of your already know that we have moved. YAY!! We are loving the quiet life of living out of town, especially the kids who are outside all. day. long.  I have been trying to get things in here organized and get ready for the baby, and keep everything under control.  Needless to say there is little time to sit and put up my poor swollen feet, but oh well.  I would way rather have lots to do than not enough and spend my time sitting around.  Our house is coming along and I will have to post some before and after pictures of all the work we have already done.  I am always amazed at what a transformation some paint and carpet will do.   Chas laid the dining room laminate Saturday and it looks oh so good,  much better than the concrete that has been there since moving in, (after taking the carpet out.)  The kids have been so good to help doing whatever I need them to do.  They are now experienced wallpaper scrapers!
Every night we enjoy going out for a walk, last night we walked up to Beckett's stream (he always has to check if there is water in it, but probably not until springtime.)  On the way home we stopped by one of the neighbors, (Chas has worked with him before) and they invited us to come back and visit on their patio.  We had a great visit and enjoyed getting to know them. We kept hearing a thunderstorm approaching, but were a little late in our departure time.  The younger two kids were crying while we were walking/running/waddling home among the lightening, thunder and pouring rain.  The kids kept yelling at me to hurry up and kept yelling  "run, Mom, Run!"  Ya Right!!! Would have been hilarious to watch me trying to run to the house in the rain!  Anyway fun times!!!
Today is much cooler out, so far anyway, so I think the kids and I will head out to the orchard to start thinning the fruit.  I think they will enjoy  climbing in the trees and picking the extra fruit. Also on our agenda for the day is to take down the old pig pen so Chas can use the wood to make a chicken coop.
I would really like to add, have the baby to this list, oh wouldn't that be grand?!!! I am ready to be done!  We got the crib set up last night, carseat out and now we are ready.  Well, I do still need to pack my bag, but I will eventually....

No comments:

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!