Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year.  All of my sisters were able to come and 1 of my brothers.  It was a blast.  Tyanna and Kayla got to come on Monday and stayed the whole week.  It was so good to hang out with them and just be together, it makes me sad that we don't live closer.
Here is a recap of our week:
Monday: play dough and sugar cookies with the kids.  Had FHE with everyone, watched some mormon messages on  Thankfulness and talked about things we are thankful for.
Tuesday:While the kids napped us girls went to Walmart to get some groceries and fabric to make toques with. That evening, Kayla, Me, Emree  and Tacey (3) went and watched Brooklyn  play some basketball. We got some pizza for dinner and we started making toques, cutting out fabric and all making all the pieces needed. I  worked on sewing the first one and figuring out the pattern.  It ended up taking me forever to figure out the first one, then the rest were fairly easy, but we stayed up until midnight trying to get some done.
Wednesday: We spent most of the day making toques for everyone, they turned out soo cute even though everyone's is about a size to big oh well.  Ezra and Janae showed up around 3, so we got to have dinner with them and we all stayed up and visited until late.  It is so fun to be able to just sit around and visit after the kiddos have gone to bed. 
Thursday:  This morning we went and did some service projects for people in our ward.  I LOVE that my family are hard workers and that this sounded fun to everyone else, because it sure did to me.  We cleaned out gutters, raked leaves & walnuts, pulled out apple trees and had a blast.  It was a beautiful morning, a little chilly but sunny, we had a blast being outside and working together, just like the old days.  The rest of the day we spent cooking, eating and cleaning up dishes, the meal was great and everyone helped out so much! Brooklyn made the pies and they were delish!  After dinner and hte kids were in bed we stayed up visiting.  One by one the spouses disappeared to go off to bed and just us siblings were left.  We stayed up until 2:30!!!! I have not stayed up that late for years!  It was so fun to really catch up with everyone, and we mostly just shared memories of growing up, Mom & Dad, sports, farm, cousins, everything, it was so fun!
Friday:  We went to the Stake Center to run off some energy.  The little kids all played whatever they wanted on the one side and us older "kids" played basketball on the other side.  It is so fun that Brooklyn and Brady are getting older and can play with us now.  Pretty soon they are going to be able to beat us all!
Saturday:  Chas and I went to a baptism in the morning, came home ate lunch and then everyone got ready to go swimming.  They had a lot of fun swimming.  We came home Kayla made some Chicken noodle soup for dinner, which was delish! then we played some Settlers! Fun night of play games!
The rest of the crew left Sunday morning and it was sad! We had such a good time! Thanks for coming!

No comments:

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!