Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas with the Long's

We always have a little gift exchange with the kids' adopted Grandparents here, before they leave to go and see their kids.  This year was a hit!!  We all had a great time, and the kids LOVED their gifts!


 Here are the twins, only 8 years apart.  It's kind of spooky!
 Getting ready to open presents.
 This gift was pretty funny.  Every time Verl comes out here to help Chas with a project he can never find a hammer.  So they got him a flourescent green one, hopefully this way he won't lose it!!
 I got an awesome cookbook.
 Brooklyn got a cupcake decorating book, which she loves!
 Mr. Brado got some binoculars, which have been really handy to check out the herd of elk close to our house.
 Emree was soo excited to finally get a soft teddy bear.  She got one last year for Christmas, but it ripped so we took it back and never did get another one.  She was asking me right before Christmas when I was going to get her another one.  Jeesh!!! I felt bad, didn't even think twice about it and she still was waiting for one! So she was super excited for this one.
Beckett got some trains and a mat to drive them on along with a Thomas book.

And last, but not least, here is the little guy, who really is not so little anymore.  He got a stuffed star and a book! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!