School has started once again and I am feeling a little nostalgic these days. I think I am going to try every year to write down how I feel about these children of mine going on to the next grade.
Brooklyn: This is her first year of middle school. Wow!! I actually was not sad for her to start. I am feeling more excited than anything. All of the new things she is just starting to learn, so many opportunities and just an air of excitement. She was nervous, which is unlike her, so that was kind of new to her. I love her confidence. She is such a great girl and takes the world head on. There is nothing she can't do, well she informs me except draw. She really is not looking forward to art, but hey can't blame her on that one! She is growing up so fast and has become such a joy. I love that we can chit chat, play catch, ride horse and do all of the things we love to do, together. She is my right hand man.
Brady: He started at a new school this year as well. He fits right in and already has a lot of friends there because of playing sports with them. A couple of weeks ago he went in and got all of his football gear to play tackle football this season, when he put it on and came and showed me, I almost cried. He is growing up. Sometimes I feel, "where was I when all this happened?" But am so glad I can look back and know and remember that I really have been here for it all. For every single step of the way, I have been able to be home and enjoy these precious little spirits on loan to me from our Heavenly Father. There is something about watching the kids practice whatever sport they are playing, I just love to sit and watch them, if I could I would go to every practice and just watch. So I go to the ones I can and enjoy it while I am there. I love watching them work hard. I love watching Brady bear crawl, hit pads and run out for a pass. There is just something about watching them learn new things, try it and succeed that is so rewarding.
Emree: She just started first grade yesterday. She is my shy child, which I don't really know how to handle. I ended up staying in the classroom yesterday for 1.5 hours because she cried everytime I said I needed to go. She ended up having a great day and came off the bus happy and so excited to go again today. So I am glad for that. She is such a sweet girl and has such a tender spirit. I wish I could give some of Brooklyn's confidence to her, but realize I just need to be more patient, kind and gentle with her. She is such a great big sister and I can always count on her to be keeping an eye on Carson, I am sure that is why he hasn't fallen down the stairs yet, she is always looking out for him.
Beckett: Of course is still home with me, thank goodness. He is feeling kind of out of place now that everyone is gone and he has been vying for attention. I hope that we can have a great year together doing lots of fun things. He has such an imagination and loves building things with legos and flying them around the house. He has such a fun personality and is so loveable.
Carson: What can I say? The kid is a tornado. He is into everything, but is so much fun.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!
First day of School!
My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!
Funny Story 1
Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day.
Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized."
Me: "Why not?"
Brook: "It's too scary."
And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem?
Me: "Whats scary about it?"
Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized."
I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?"
Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar.
So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!
What a handsome boy!
Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~
Something"s funny!
1 comment:
hi, I miss your posts. did you get rid of all the pears.
Post a Comment