Sunday, July 22, 2007
We have had a very busy week, just when I think "oh next week," we'll have some time to relax something comes up, most of the time they are fun things and we just can't resist doing the "summertime" activities. This week we enjoyed Chas' parents visit and also Chas' brother and his kids, we had a great time, went fishing and swimming, lots of fun. We've been to the river a few times, the kids love wading in the water and trying to catch "lobsters." As soon as the "waterspiders" come out though, there is no convincing Brady to go back in. We have started to get some produce from our garden which is always so much fun. It's a family activity to go and see if anything is ready to be picked yet. So far we have got 3 cucumbers, 3 zuchinni and everything else is growing like crazy. I am sure most of it will all be ready at the same time and I will have to work like mad to try and get it all taken care of. This week we have been able to pick raspberries for a couple in our ward as they were out of town, and so we have loved having fresh raspberries to eat. In just a week's worth of picking I picked 4 1/2 gallons of raspberries. I want a patch just like that!!! So I have been busy picking, freezing, and making jam. They also have an apricot tree so I have been busy making jam with those as well. I really enjoy it, although the kitchen does get a little hot, good thing our A.C. unit is in the kitchen window!! Yesterday we spent the day doing some projects around the house. Chas is making some "custom" shelves for Emree's room and spent all day installing those. It's so nice to be married to a handy-man! He can do about anything! And I spent my time painting, so yes as for now her room is finally all painted. (I was going to send some pictures, but we have no batteries, the ones in it won't even open the shutter, but I will soon) Anyway we have been busy and doing well. Brooklyn just finished swimming lessons and loved them and she is doing soccer which she is starting to get into. So there are lots of things to do with our time, we just have to decide which is most important. We feel so blessed and are so grateful for all the blessings we have in our life! It's a wonderful life!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!
First day of School!
My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!
Funny Story 1
Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day.
Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized."
Me: "Why not?"
Brook: "It's too scary."
And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem?
Me: "Whats scary about it?"
Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized."
I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?"
Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar.
So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!
What a handsome boy!
Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~
Something"s funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment