Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Letter

Well instead of sending a letter with our Christmas cards I said I would write a letter on our blog. So to anyone who reads this here is our Christmas letter.
We had a great year which began with our little Emree Jo joining our family Dec 30. She definetly is more of a handful than the other two, but she is finally getting to be a lot of fun and not crying all the time!! She is crawling all over and not even close to walking yet, which is just fine with me. I can't believe she is 1 already!
Brady is 3 1/2 and loves life. He is full of energy and has just gotten into shooting things and hunting. He loves to play with Dad and their new favorite thing to do is go to the church and play kickball. He is very very shy and will hide if anyone he doesn't know tries to talk to him. He also loves to hide if he gets in trouble and we can always find him buried in a blanket somewhere or in a tiny hiding place. He is very polite and almost never forgets to say please and thank you.
Brooklyn is loving school and loves that she can read. She is always trying to sound out words and writes her own stories. She loves to draw and our fridge is always full of pictures that she has colored for us. We are on the fourth book of Little House on the Prairie and she loves those stories. Although she is always asking me now, "How come I don't know how to sew?" or "Why don't you make me a doll?" She has a great imagination and loves make believeing.
Chas stays busy with his church calling as EQ president and is doing a great job of that. His list at home is a mile long of projects we would like to do around the house, but he somehow manages to watch a few football games here and there and play racquetball. He is a great Dad and husband and does so much for us. He is really liking his job here and its a great company to work for.
As for me I love having our own house which we bought in April and enjoy trying to make it a home. I love staying at home with the kids (most days) and enjoy them. We just had a great Christmas up in Canada with all of my family which was wonderful. We are so grateful for our wonderful families and friends and for all of the blessings the gospel bring to us in our lives. May you all have a wonderful new year and we hope you all are doing well. We love you all!!
Love, Chas, Teija, Brooklyn, Brady and Emree

2 comments:

Bex said...

You guys are a great family and a wonderful example to my family! Thanks a ton.

Becky

Summer said...

Oh, I've been wondering how your trip to Canada went.glad to hear you made it back safely. Happy new year to you too!
ps. all your kids are so polite and nice to have around.

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!