Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You think money grows on trees?

Remember when your Mom and Dad used to say that to you? Well my Dad was a logger so it was kind of true I guess, but wouldn't it be nice if there was a money tree in the back yard. Lately I feel like we've been spending it like there was. Saturday we had to buy a new dishwasher, after we had already ordered some new windows for the kids room and then we were going to order a new garage door. Well I finally convinced Chas to wait on the garage door, they are not cheap! Christmas is coming up, plus two birthdays and going to Spokane for Thanksgiving, I would rather wait for another bonus or something to pay for it and not have to dip into our checking account, and dipping into our savings is a big NO NO! Anyway it would be so nice to have a garage door (that actually opens) before it gets too cold, but at least the kids will have new windows and will not have a cold breeze lulling them to sleep at night! EVentually we will get all of the updates around the house done, until then it is a little at a time, which is better than never!

6 comments:

Kira said...

You have a yard with no money tree. You got jipt. I'll plant one for as soon as mine goes to seed.

Summer said...

It just never ends. THere is always something that needs to be bought it seems like. I wonder what people do that live out in the middle of no where.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I want a money tree!!! :)

Rachel Berry said...

I wish, but if I did I'd have an orchard planted! Like 100 acres or more. Yes I'm greedy... :)

Lewis Family said...

I know what you mean; since we bought (got a mortgage, really!) our house we've spent ridiculous amounts of money. Stuff never ends, but family is forever!

jedginahutch said...

Teija your singing to the choir! By the way wanted to tell you that your blog design is the cutest I've seen - very impressed!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!