Thursday, March 12, 2009

Long nights...

Well I definitely have forgotten how long the nights can be when some little body decides that he doesn't want to sleep! Although last night was actually a good night the two before that were... terrible! up for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night is not what I call a good time. But last night he went to bed at 8, woke up at 12, 4, 6 so all in all not too bad. It's funny how much better you feel in the morning with a good nights rest, well as good as its gonna get for awhile. I have been so blessed with so many wonderful friends here who have watched my kids, brought us dinner and have really taken care of us. It really makes me realize how much we can do for each other, and that I really need to get on the ball and be better at serving others. I really couldn't have survived these two weeks without all the help we have been given. We all went to sacrament meeting on sunday, the first place we all have gone together, and MAN! our family seems so big now! 3, never really seemed much more than 2, but for me I think 4 is the kicker! It still seems weird! Hopefully I get use to it soon!

6 comments:

Karli said...

Keep on Truckin' Teija! Three seems like a lot to me so I can't even begin to imagine 4. But you are a great mom and I know you'll get used to the night waking thing soon. It's not always fun but it's so, so worth it! Good luck.

Rachel Berry said...

3 what the kicker for me... But everything after 3 has been fine....

You'll do great like you always do, enjoy the perks of someone taking your kids so you can rest. When you have 5 kids to tackle no one wants to watch them all. :)

jedginahutch said...

Just checking on ya! He is so cute and we can't wait to meet him! I guess we'll be missing the blessing though! Darn Tim! Love ya - call me soon! Gina

Pariera Family said...

Congrats Teija and Chas.... I am so glad it's you and not me :) We will see you for the blessing can't wait
P.S. I have your grinder.. very nice!!

Summer said...

I thought the long nights were over for me. It seems like every other night Jack wakes up every 2-three hours and then the other nights he'll wake up just once or maybe twice.
Beckett is looking cute!!
I hope these first few months go quick for you so you can get some better rest.

Dan and Louise said...

What a sweet boy, Teija. Congratulations on his birth. Does he look like Brady did as a baby? They look the same to me. Nights are one of the hardest things for me to get used to each time I have a baby. It'll all get regulated soon, I hope! We're thinking of you!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!