Thursday, December 10, 2009

The big 8!










Well 8 years ago today we started our little family, and I can't believe it has been that long! Brooklyn is 8 today and loves all the attention a birthday brings! Chas and I took her out for lunch and I don't think she stopped smiling the whole time, it's so nice to be able to have that special one on one time with the kids.

Some things about Brooklyn
- she has a very kind heart
- there is no gray area with her its right or its wrong
- she loves kittens and horses
- she loves pretending and has quite the imagination
- she still plays "dress up" all the time, only now its with church dresses and not princess dresses
- if you can't find her she is hiding somewhere with a good book reading away, she is an awesome reader, her favorite has been Amelia Bedelia, she laughs out loud! It's fun to watch her read.
- she is learning to play the piano
and the most exciting... She is getting baptized on the 19th of Dec. We are so proud of her decision to choose the right and follow the Savior. We LOVE you Brooklyn!!




6 comments:

Hutchins Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn we sure miss you!

Grandma and Grandpa K said...

Happy birthday! See you at the baptism.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is that old already! time flys well wish we could be there for the baptism. Wish we didn't live so far away.

Summer said...

Happy Birthday to Brooklyn! Wow, you have an 8 year old!
Nice header. looks good.

Lisa said...

Brookie I sure miss you. Please don't get any bigger. You are beautiful!!!

Dan and Louise said...

Can it really be eight years since that sweet little girl was born? I remember coming to visit you in the hospital with our Joseph that had been born a few months before. She's such a beautiful girl. Wish we could see you guys more often. How long has it been? Seems forever!
BTW, the quilt is beautiful!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!