Monday, March 22, 2010

10 years!




And one more shout out to my wonderful hubby, who I can definitely say I love way more today than I did 1o years ago when we got married!
10 things Chas has taught me
1. Patience is a virtue! He has the patience of Job, which is so good for me to see and tRY to emulate.
2. Being Calm is also a good thing. He never gets too uptight in any situation and always is in control.
3. Actions speak louder than words. Chas is the epitome of the term " Practice what you preach."
4.If you say something bad about someone they will almost always hear about it, so don't say bad things about people. In short don't gossip.
5. Be kind
6. Keep the Lord first.
7. If you are patient good things will happen
8. Stick up for yourself, say your opinion
9. Persistance gets the job done
10. Most of all he has taught me how to love.
Places we have been in the last 10 years: California, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Utah, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Nevada. Pretty much all of the western states.
What we have accomplished: Bachelor Degree, Professional Engineering License, 4 kids, bought our first house, done numberless house projects, managed to move only twice (yay!)
It's been a great 10 years!




4 comments:

Hutchins Family said...

Happy Anniversary guys, miss you!

Karli said...

Happy Anniversary! Man, time FLYS'S!!! Congratulations.

Kayla said...

Happy Anniversary! :) I love all of your blogging post updates.. i like lookin at blogs when im not ready to start studying.. hehe.

LINDSEY said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are the best, although I didn't know you didn't already have all of those great qualities Teija I thought you taught them to Chas! I love seeing what you guys are up to! Keep upthe good work, can't wait to see what you can get done in the next 10 years!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!