ok so running has never been my thing, but after hearing about a 350 lb. man running 5 miles, I thought, what the heck is my problem. So this coming Saturday there is a 5K, I know not a big deal to some, so I thought I would try it. So last Monday, I ran a couple of miles and then decided to try a little further. Wednesday I ran 3.8 miles and pushed the kids in the stroller, talk about a workout! Saturday I decided I would try it again and ran 4 miles! OK, that is a big deal for me. I have never ran that far at one time in my life, my max has always been 3, cause I really don't love to run! Anyway I am so excited, a 5K shouldn't be too bad and we will see how it goes, the first race I have ever run in. Who knows maybe in a couple of months I will be ready to run a 10K, thats like 6 miles isn't it? I have lost 10 lbs since January and am finally feeling close to my pre- Beckett self. Anyway enough of me...
The kids have started baseball and softball, oh how I LOVE to watch them!!! Ever since they were born I have been so excited to have them start sports, so we could watch them play, its so fun! We all go to practices together and even Emree and Beckett like to watch them. I made Brooklyn try softball this year, as she hasn't ever played before, and she loves it, although she was not excited that I made her try. She is getting pretty good at catching and we love to play catch outside. Brady is a natural and is doing so good too. I have so many good memories of playing sports with my family or watching siblings play, I am excited to start doing it with my own family!
We got some compost yesterday and filled the flower beds and garden, now if it was just warm enough to start planting, although we do have some spring flowers up, they just make me so happy!!! Can't wait till growing season!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!
First day of School!
My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!
Funny Story 1
Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day.
Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized."
Me: "Why not?"
Brook: "It's too scary."
And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem?
Me: "Whats scary about it?"
Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized."
I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?"
Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar.
So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!
What a handsome boy!
Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~
Something"s funny!
2 comments:
geeez! That is great. Pass a little of that energy on down to me :) I'm getting the running bug -- kinda. But I'm starting at like 1 mile not 4! I want to hear the details of your race. How did it go?
Go Teija!!! Have you ever tried the Couch Potatoe to 5k program? Google, it. I started with that then progressed on to Hal Higden's Half Marathon training schedule... that is what I am working towards. :) I find after about the 3 mile mark I get into a rhythm and actually start to "enjoy" running... haha I NEVER thought I would say that!
Post a Comment