Well this has been a very odd first week of school. On Tuesday the school called and said Emree was sick and to come and pick her up. So I went and got her, all week she has had a very sore throat, painful ears and a high fever. I finally took her to the dr. and she said everything looks good. Good? How can everything look good when you have a fever of 102? Don't tell me everything looks good, at least say it is viral and will have to just run its course. Frustrating! So she has been home all week, 1 day of the first week of school was all she was able to attend. Glad it is a long weekend so she can recover for one more day. When this girl gets sick, she means it!
Yesterday I switched the kids rooms around. I moved Brooklyn into Carsons room, took down his crib and moved him into the girls room on the bottom bunk. He did wonderfully! No crying, fit-throwing, screaming or anything, which is 100X better than how he was doing in his crib! Brooklyn is loving her new space and hopefully this will help her to keep her area clean! Now there are no excuses for someone else's stuff on the floor! I was a little sad taking down the crib, but like they say the only thing constant is change. I love cleaning out stuff and getting rid of things, it helps me feel more organized and less cluttery.
The older two are in the full swing of school and sports, it makes me happy that they are doing well. Brooklyn is taking high school math this year and can take it for high school credit, WOW!! in 7th grade crazy! I am so proud of her. It's hard being in middle school, for her its a little moody. Not even about school, but it's just that age, so glad I don't have to go through that again. She is playing volleyball and I am so glad she is finally getting some exercise, it makes a body feel good.
Brady is playing football and enjoying it so much more than last year. WHEW!! Thank goodness! Last year was a mess! But he is having lots of fun, and getting the hang of it more and more!
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!
First day of School!
My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!
Funny Story 1
Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day.
Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized."
Me: "Why not?"
Brook: "It's too scary."
And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem?
Me: "Whats scary about it?"
Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized."
I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?"
Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar.
So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!
What a handsome boy!
Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~
Something"s funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment