Tuesday, August 19, 2014

School Shopping

Today my awesome neighbor watched the 3 little ones so I could take the 2 older ones to an orthodontist appt., that sounds cheap doesn't it?  The appt. was super fast and so we decided we would go and get Brooklyn's school supplies without the little ones, hoping to make it a little less chaotic.  It was so fun to have the 2 of them with me.  We cracked jokes, laughed, stopped and got a smoothie and of course the said school supplies.  I love having older kids, yes they are a challenge sometimes, but to have a conversation with insight and being able to laugh together is so much fun.  Sometimes it's hard to remember that the older ones "need" me as much as the younger ones do, just in a different way.  I love opportunities like this that my Heavenly Father gives me, that allows me to really enjoy the moment and step back and realize how much these 2 "tweens" brighten my life.
Brooklyn is such a good girl.  I love that she doesn't care about what the popular thing is or what the popular girls think, she does what she knows is right, or what she wants to do and doesn't even give it a second thought.  That is the quality I am most proud of in her.  She is getting ready for 7th grade and will be changing classes every period, she is a little nervous, but when I think of her and her confidence I know she will have no problem and will be helping others along the way.  She has really been into doing her hair lately, so I remind myself to let her have a little extra time getting ready.  Love this girl!

Last night we went over to some friends house for dinner so Chas could help out with their sprinkler system.  We ate dinner and the kids quickly all went out to play.  They have 7 kids so their was someone to play with for everyone.  Charie and I and the older kids played some basketball in their front yard.  It was so fun!  Brady is becoming quite the entertainer with his dance moves and hilarious personality.  He had us all rolling with laughter with some of his moves after shots he made .  I love that he is coming out of his shell and being a little more outgoing.  He decided to play football again this year, all year he has said no, but after going to a football camp for a week, decided it was something he wants to do.  He is becoming quite the responsible kids and I can usually count on him to get things done.  This is his last year of elementary school, which I can hardly believe!  Love Him!

No comments:

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!