Thursday, January 14, 2010

Teeth

Beckett has finally gotten some teeth. He is now sporting 3 pearly whites and looks just so grown up with them. He is sooo close to walking and has many a bruise on his once nice looking forehead. The piano is his biggest enemy as of late as he tries to stand up on it, then falls, then hits the corner, poor kid! He says Mama, and Dada all the time, though I don't think he really knows what they mean.
Side Note:
Brooklyn is doing so well in school, her teacher has started giving her extra work to try and keep her busy. I asked her if school was challenging for her and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "umm not really." So what do I do about that? No idea!
Yesterday after school we were sitting on the couch talking about her day, after our conversation she says " Mom I wish we could do this everyday." The girl can't get enough one on one time with me or Chas, I really need to make a better effort of doing that for her everyday. And it took me what... 5 whole minutes to sit down with just her and chat, where are my priorities? Why is it hard to do that? Why does it matter so much to have the house clean? and dinner ready? really in the long run it doesn't, so here's to another new years resolution! Spend more time with each kid, individually and separately, then get the things done that need gettin done. Really, they grow so fast and if I don't make the time now, they won't want the time when they are older, and what is more important than them? Besides husband, family and church, not much!
Another side note: (and a very important one!)
Chas got his Professional Engineering license in Dec. I know I posted about it in our Christmas letter, but I am really proud of him. He has worked so hard and now he has done all of his studying and exam taking and school and all of that. Way to go CHAS!!!! We love you!
I am thinking of running in a half marathon this summer, I just love the thought of being that in shape! the running part not so much! anyway thats it for now!

4 comments:

Gail said...

That is so cool for you guys!! And who cares about the house, if anyone gives you a funny look (or whatever) just say the kids are only young once! (FAMILY - isn't it about TIME! :):) ) Sure miss all you up there in 4th ward!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I need to do the same thing with my kids! :)

Congratulations for Chas! That's so exciting!!!

Hutchins Family said...

It's so true isn't it. Those 5 minutes will be the best in her whole day! We sure miss you guys!

Summer said...

I agree! I have started to rethink my priorities too and not stress so much if I don't get the house cleaned when I want it to be cleaned. I want my kids to know that they are my priority.
Congratulations to Chas. That is neat!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!