Friday, January 22, 2010

Workin' hard

Well in response to me getting all excited about someday moving out in the country I have "pulled up my socks" as my Dad would say and gotten my nose to the grindstone in projects that have to be done around here. In the last week I have:
- painted my bedroom
- took all the trim out of our bedroom
- took the old nasty medicine cabinet out of our bathroom
- primed the bathroom
- took the trim out of the bathroom, and cleaned up mold that was behind the trim, can I say DISGUSTING!
- and scrubbed my behind off in trying to get the stains out of the shower, which have been there for who knows how long!
Anyway happy to report, that though my shoulders and triceps are aching we are getting things done around here. I figure if I have all the easy stuff done, and things are not so orderly and easy to manage Chas will HAVE to get the hard projects done so we can get back to some sence of normalcy. On the list for today is: pick out paint colors (this is the fun part), empty our bedroom (so we can scrape the ceiling tomorrow, gotta love popcorn ceilings!), laundry, get groceries, paint doorjams and door, piano lessons, and ward activity. Should be a busy day, hopefully I get it all done! Which means I better get off of here!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Hi Teija!! I would just like to know how in the world you accomplish all of that with kids??? You are wonder woman. Please any tips. :)

Karli said...

Doesn't it feel great to get things done? Yesterday was a get things done kinda day for me. Unfortunately I am still sitting here in my PJ's today. :( Have fun!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Sounds like fun, well not really but at least it gets you closer to selling!

Did you know that the popcorn ceilings are aspestose? My parents were going to have theirs removed but with the aspetose and stuff they ended up having to basically cover it up by adding the spackle stuff I can't remember what it's called but the same stuff the use on the sheet rock... It looks great though! I hope everything goes great! :)

Grandma and Grandpa K said...

We have two popcorn ceilings we have to do. They do make a terrible mess.
Bruce covered one with tongue in groove wood and it does look nice. We were thinking we might put bead board on another ceiling. We shall see. keep up the good work. Nice piano solo for the talent show!

Summer said...

wow, you guys have been busy!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!