Friday, March 14, 2014

Beckett's hip

I was remembering something today as the little boys and I were at the park waiting for the kids to get out of school.. About a month ago Beckett started complaining about his hip hurting and that he couldn't walk.  Off and on for a couple of weeks, finally he woke up one morning and couldn't even walk.  He was in so much pain, poor little guy.  We could barely even lift him into the car, there was no way he could stand and would scream if I even tried to move him.I tried to see if he was faking it, but he clearly was not, so I packed the boys in the car, called Chas and decided to take him into the Dr.  After I picked up Chas, we decided we would try the chiropractor first, since we knew the Dr. wouldn't say anything, except for go and get an x-ray, which we really didn't want to pay for.  Our family chiropractor is great, and child under 12 is free, which is totally awesome! Anyway he got him in within the hour and checked him out.  His response was, " Has he had any falls lately?" I said no more than a usual 4 year old running, jumping,crazy boy."  He said, "No, I am talking like out of a tree, kind of fall. I have never seen a kid this little with such a swollen hip and pelvis.  I will put everything back in and will see you back on Monday, (it was friday.) Beckett went from not being able to put any weight on that leg, or even have us move him at all, to walking out of his office.  Miracle!! We could not believe it.  The Chiro. was a little concerned though that there might be bigger issues since he had so much pain right on the ball of his femur, where it connects into the hip.  We went back in on Monday, Beckett was his normal self all weekend, barely even slowed him down, just sore at the end of the day.  He had 3 appt.'s that week and a couple the next and he has been fine ever since.  It was such a miracle to watch him walk out of the first appt.  We are so glad that nothing else has come up and he seems to be doing just fine.  Small and large miracles happen in our lives everyday, if we are willing to look for them and acknowledge the Lord's hand in our lives.

2 comments:

Kayla Nelson said...

How did we not talk about this? I didn't even know!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ya i had no idea jeepers! Glad everything is ok!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!