Monday, March 3, 2014

JoJo

Disclaimer: I am not posting these to brag about my kids to the world, (since only a few read it anyway), but I am recording these stories for my own sake because I KNOW I will forget them. Sunday morning after I got out of the shower, Emree came into my room, all dressed for church which is at 1:00, hair done, and ready to go.  She said," Mom  I am going to fast today."  I asked her if she was sure, she could fast half the day with Brady and eat right before we left for church.  She said she was sure and that she wanted to do it.  Later in the morning I got the kids together and told them to bring their journals and scriptures.  We were fasting for ways that we specifically could help Hasten the Work in our area so I wanted the kids to write down what they thought they could do.  She wrote, "get all the people to come to church." 
Love this girl.  Then in sacrament meeting she told me she wanted to bear her testimony. I said okay, she walked all the way up there by herself, sat with Chas for a minute, got up and did it, by herself!  I am  a proud Momma! Out of all of my kids she is by far the most reserved and shy, but she has been so brave at bearing her testimony, this is already the second time she has done it! After she bore it she came down and gave me a big hug.  I told her how proud I was and she said, "Mom I got up and got ready, decided to fast even though I don't have to and bore my testimony."  I said, "You better watch out Heavenly Father is going to take you straight up to heaven!"  She is our little angel in disguise! Love this girl!

1 comment:

The Gwilliams said...

That is awesome! Good for Brady and Emree, but then they have a wonderful mom to teach them :) And you have every right to brag about your kiddos. I think it's much better to share the good about them because in the sharing (like a testimony) you really do believe that they are great kids! I think too many of us only see the faults in our kids when in reality they are full of goodness. Thanks for sharing!

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!