Monday, March 10, 2008

Sleeping Baby

Ok so I have some great news! I have been putting Emree to bed for naps by taking her in her room, putting her music on, (cd of primary songs played like lullabies, I LOVE this cd! If you haven't heard it you must buy it!) and then rocking her, the first day was a mess! It ended up in her crying and me leaving the room totally frustrated and ready to pull my hair out, 2nd day much like the first only 2 crying fits instead of 3. Yesterday no crying fits and she held out until song #8, but today song #3 and she was out like a light!! HHOOOORRRRAAAAYYY! I even called Chas at work to tell him the great news. OK to some this is not a big deal, but you have not lived in our house with this feisty little child for the last 14 1/2 months!This is a MAJOR breakthrough and if you can't tell I am so excited! I can handle rocking her for a couple of minutes before naptime and actually enjoy it as she has never let me do it before, that position was for one thing and one thing only! and it is on the road to no nursing! She still nurses at night before bed, but hopefully in a couple more weeks, we will be done. Does kind of make me sad, but she is getting of big! Of course there are no pictures of her sleeping! Like I would go in and take a picture of her and risk waking her up! Anyway there is definitely a silver lining to the dark cloud that we were going through! LOVE IT!

7 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Don't you love that! I love a sleeping baby. Glad your are getting your sanity back, did we ever have any in the first place?
Just kidding.

:)Rachel

Bex said...

That's awesome Teija! It is so hard to quit nursing. I still miss it but it is nice when they finally will sleep without it. I don't know what I would do now I have to have my sleep or I am not nice!

Becky

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Happy Day! I totally understand you excitment! I'm so glad she's "happily" going to sleep for you now!

Becky, seriously I can't ever see you as not being nice! :)

Gail said...

So awesome!! I am so not looking forward to the screaming fits with my little one... should be interesting.

Dan and Louise said...

Congratulations! I think every mom will understand your excitement - even though we may deal with different trials. Mine right now is trying to get my boys to be "independent thinkers" so I'm not following them around telling them exactly everything single thing they need to do. Wish us luck!

The Gwilliams said...

Isn't it amazing what sleep does for a child and for you?! Maybe now you can start thinking about having another kid! :)

Summer said...

yeah, I bet you are so relieved!
I like to rock Ginger too. We finally got the rocking chair out of storage about a month ago and now I always rock her before bed.

Brooklyn or Emree?

Brooklyn or Emree?
Just thought you all might like to see how much Brooklyn and Emree look alike, its kind of scary actually! Especially that Emree wears all the clothes that Brooklyn used to wear, I better make sure I get the right name to the right picture in the scrapbooks...well photo albums anyway. This is Brooklyn when she was 10 months old!

First day of School!

First day of School!

My Pride and Joy!

My Pride and Joy!
Next to my kids this is my pride and joy, I love working in the garden! Chas likes it too, he doesn't have to weed! Actually he always takes care of the kids while I spend time there. It's so nice!

Funny Story 1

Well I haveto share this funny story about Brooklyn. There is a little girl in our primary who got her appendix out shortly after she was baptized and showed Brooklyn her scar, so here is Brooklyn's conversation with me the other day. Brooklyn: "Mom I don't think I want to get baptized." Me: "Why not?" Brook: "It's too scary." And I'm thinking she loves the water, what is the problem? Me: "Whats scary about it?" Brook: "I don't want to go to the hospital and be cut open after I am baptized." I started laughing!!! "You think everyone has to be cut open after they get baptized?" Brook: yes, Jenny did and she even showed me her scar. So I had to explain to her that that was not part of getting baptized, it just happened that it was close to the same time with Jenny. I thought it was so hilarious, you never know what your kids are actually thinking!!

What a handsome boy!

What a handsome boy!

Achoo!

Achoo!
Emree right before a sneeze~

Something"s funny!

Something"s funny!